HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

March 5, 2012

Antique Baby Bed Love Seat

Have you ever pictured a project in your head,
and found yourself disappointed when the item was completed?

Me, too, but fortunately this isn't one of those projects :)

This antique baby bed was originally purchased when I first opened for display.
It sat around and took up a LOT of space, until it was relegated to the backlot.
It got rusty and needed something.

It was sandblasted, refitted, welded, and painted.

 I made a dust ruffle, french ruffle mattress cover, and three oversized feather pillows.
 Perfect now for sunrooms, patios, or your lake house or vacation home.
 The French ruffles add wonderful detailing on the mattress/seat cushion,
 While the 5" flouncy ruffles look good on the oversized pillows.
 All while staying "green" by using canvas dropcloths......total cost for fabric $32.00....
And the bonus is it looks like flax or linen.....
 I used up the last of the old burlap peanut tow sacks by making this ruffled table cover....

It's all going to the Dolly Johnson Antique and Art Show in
Fort Worth this Thursday and Friday....
Come see me if you can....

Thanks for stopping by today...
You know I love it when you come.

I'm joining Kathleen's White Wednesday this week.
as well as
Vintage Inspiration Friday 
Feather Your Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Furniture Feature Friday

and a link party at

 where they are looking
for new talent.
Check it out.....

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea, it's beautiful!!

    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea so much that I can cry because my crib was like this and my Mom had tossed it out in the junk!! Boo Hoo!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana,
    This is so beautiful. What a lovely job you did on the covers. Looks fabulous.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that came out beautiful!!!!! Love all of the gorgeous ruffles. The drop cloth fabric is perfect too. Thanks for sharing:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH- What a great looking piece. It is just beautiful and I LOVE all the ruffles on it-what a perfect finishing touch! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Wish I was in Dallas again and could stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How inventive. It turned out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally in love with it all:)! Your sewing is just lovely, and the painter's cloth? Well, the hardware store is my new fabric store:) Good luck with the show...I know your space will be beautiful....take picts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MORE THAN FABULOUS! I'm nearly faint over how beautiful this came out! What an inspiration girl. GORGEOUS! You ROCK. I'm your greatest FAN!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word that is just awesome.

    You did a fantastic job from start to finish.

    WOW!

    Wish I was closer so I could see in person!

    It will so sell quickly, I am certain!

    WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful--I adore it! What a great job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous - truly beautiful!

    I'm your newest follower on Google Friend Connect... Hope you will follow back :)

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it so much,and the fabric is beautiful. I wish we could be closer.
    xx jeanetteann PS I am visiting from Common Ground and am now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so pretty!!! I wish I could find something like that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. just beautiful!! i have an antique baby's bed and now i am really excited to get something done with it. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your daybed ! I have wanted to make one for years . Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a cool babybed . Good luck on your show !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful girl..drool worthy for sure..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous, I'm going to feature this post on VIF this afternoon. thanks so much for linking up to the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE it...it makes me want to get busy on my iron crib...yours is darling...especially with the cushions.
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...