HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

July 27, 2011

Now, I Call This Love......

Before the very first Le' Pre'miere Showcase I wanted a whole
Vignette done in bird nests......
Not "store bought" nests, or even nests I had made.
I wanted the real deal.

I passed a tree each day that had tons of them tucked inside the branches.
It was in January, so they had been from the previous summer and had long since been abandoned
by their residents.
I kept asking my sweet man if he would  help me "harvest them".

Now, he will do a lot of things for me,
But I could tell this was something that was going to embarrass him...
You know how  men can be.

With the swimming pool pole, I journeyed downtown to gather my bounty...
He came along, but wasn't happy about it.
Needless to say, it did not go well. 
The bird nests started coming apart as they fell  into my hands.
We spent two hours and got one nest.
I was crushed that my idea had not worked.....
And he was glad to finally get in the car to go home,
Telling me the whole time how silly this was....
"Who,  just who, needed bird nests anyway????"

Over the last several months he has surprised me
With the beautiful nests below.
He always comes in, holding them as though they are gold,
And very gently places them under my glass cloches.
His hands are big, and his touch is clumsy,
But they are all arrive perfect.









Now, I call this love....

Thanks for stopping by today,
You know I love it when you come.....
and
If this is your first visit and you choose to follow,
Please know I always follow back.

Here's hoping you have sweet love in your life.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, aren't you a lucky woman!
    I just told my husband today that I really want a paper wasp nest (minus the wasps, please!). He looked at me like I was crazy! I should have bought that nest I saw at a garage sale...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings, Jana,
    This is a sweet story...and I love the term "harvest". Just makes it seem so important!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story. I have one real one and I covet it. It was in a bamboo bush in my backyard and I tool some of the branches with it when I harvested it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jana, the things that you go through to fullfil a certain look! I so get it!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...