HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

May 11, 2009

What a Wonderful, Wonderful Day!












The weeks before the Trade Days Flea Market are busy getting things ready and dealers in place. I never, ever use the "R" word, just knowing the weather will be beautiful and accommodating. As I sit here at my computer watching it pour down rain outside, I realize just how very, very lucky we all were that Saturday was so gorgeous. It did start out extremely overcast and so very, very damp with humidity. Still, we all went about setting up and refused to think it wouldn't work. When the heavy drizzle started midmorning, we still didn't talk about rain. All dealers quietly pulled delicate items under our tents and actually avoided eye contact knowing that none of us wanted to give up yet....we couldn't think the day was over before it even began..... AND, it wasn't. The cool front was behind the drizzle and by 11:00 the sun was out and it was beautiful. You could feel the transformation in attitude of the dealers as we all knew it was going to be a good day.
I never really know what all of the dealers will bring....their good stuff, their junk, or a combination of both. I simply tell them no new items, nothing from China....and leave the resin at home. I was so impressed with my dealers this sale and realize it has finally reached the level I have been striving for since the beginning of this flea market in 2007. I am so pleased that everyone takes it as seriously as I do in order to get the reputation we want and to have buyers waiting for the next one. Which brings me to my next point......mark your calendar for Saturday, October 24th as the Sixth Semi Annual Trade Days Flea Market.
The dealers were fabulous and some of the nicest people I know. I am most fortunate that others share my vision and want to be a part of this growing sale. Thank you all so very much for coming....
xxoo jana

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jana for making this and exciting and wonderful event. I look forward to October.
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful, wonderful event!
    wish I could have gone, too.
    xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIMPLY DIVINE MY DEAR! What a blast we had. Just loved looking at all the goodies. Can't wait to see where all this leads us!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there is a rainbow out there & we are all going to be playing under it! Thank you for all your hard work!!! It paid off! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...