HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

September 7, 2011

chair reborn

The only sure fire way to get myself out of a funk.
is to create something...
it always works.

I started with this antique balloon back chair which I have always loved,
however, it has been in the Shoppe forever with seemingly no interest.
Could be the dark wood or the worn snagged needlepoint,
but I knew it needed a new life.


 I removed the antique needlepoint which will be used for another project
.later on.
 And applied a coat of Ace flat wall paint in this luscious Tiffany blue,
then distressed with steel wool to knock off a substantial amount of the
.paint I had just applied.
 The next step was a good coat of Briwax in their darkest color.
I find that if I refrigerate my wax before using,
I am able to apply a much thinner coat and
don't have to remove as much.
 I'm careful to use a small paint brush to get into all the crevices.
assuring the paint looks like it has been there forever.


Check back tomorrow to see what kind of upholstery.
I used on the seat......
I'm excited to get it finished
and
Ready for the September 24th Le' Pre'miere
Showcase Sale.

Thanks for stopping by today,
You know I love it when you come :)



1 comment:

  1. I love the color you painted it and can't wait to see what else you do to it!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...