HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

April 18, 2012

Sometimes What It Is.....Is Enough


Sometimes pieces come into the Shoppe that "are what they are"....
These two pieces are just that.

How could I paint or change such beauty.
Just can't do it.

The first piece is quite grand and huge.
It came today and I am happy to be it's new keeper.


While the one below has been around a while.

I love them both.
                                 

And I firmly believe that you never do really "own" an antique...
You just safeguard it and enjoy it until it's next keeper.

Thanks for stopping by today...
You know I love it when you come.

This week I'll be joining

Vintage Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday

5 comments:

  1. I love both of these pieces. You're right, they are too pretty to be changed. Thank you for showing them to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thought - we just currate these treasures for a while and pass them along to a good home where they will be respected and loved - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both beautiful pieces~ I agree...we are just keepers of antique pieces and never really own them. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with that sentiment, Jana. I seem to be leaving many of the pieces I collect...alone lately...letting the character shine through:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...