HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

May 25, 2012

Antique Butter Dish Wind Chimes

I wish I could tell you this was a quick and easy project,
But it just wouldn't be true.

It took a lot of manual labor to drill the holes,
flatten the silver utensils....

Then the time consuming process of measuring the chain
and
Putting the whole thing together.

I'm glad I hung in there with it though....
It makes a beautiful sound....
and
You know they say when a chime is heard
an angel gets their wings.


This is a really difficult holiday for my family.
You would think that after 43 years you would
be over the loss of your Daddy.
Just too tragic of a death to ever forget.

Time doesn't make it easier....
Your coping mechanism just gets better.



Have a fun and safe Memorial Day....

Drunk drivers kill.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain that it brings. I hope you find some comfort this holiday weekend.

    Your chimes are beautiful!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH-I am so sorry about your Dad My nephew was killed by a drunk driver on his way home from his last day of work before leaving for college. The man that killed him had 7 drunk driving charges and was driving without a license. He had a friend riding with him that told the police, quote- I knew I shouldn't have let him drive!- unquote- NO KIDDING! Another family ruined by alcoholism.

    God bless you- I hope you have a good weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps....I forgot to say I LOVE your wind chimes and I can see that they are a lot of work...but SOOO cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...