HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

August 30, 2009

For the Love of Tole ...........

I have had a love affair with rose tole trays since I came across my very first one in the early 80's. I have acquired them for as little as $2.00 or for as much as $100.00, but I love them all. I have some of my very favorites in my dining area, while the others are positioned around the house on tables and counters. I never tire of their individual beauty, yet similiar presentation in the completion of the flowers. I have learned to duplicate the trays with my own painting, but because they have no age, I feel they have no soul so they don't satisfy my need to own more.......I do love these old trays.




















5 comments:

  1. Those roses are so very Janna. OMG I have been sooooooooo sick today. Woke up at 7 with it. Not sure if it is food poisioning or what???? Just want it to go away! Went to a Grandchilds birthday party yesterday. Hope one of them wasn't carrying the disease of the week. Larry put my stool together & I thought I was so excited about it but, it is short. Don't think its going to work. Will come by & measure it before returning it to Walley World. Not the same stool as Carolyns. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jana, these vintage tole trays have a mellow patina....very hard to replicate. What a beautiful collection you have! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about my new website. I, sincerely, appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these trays too! they really look good in any decor..I agree the ones that are aged with time are very special! I have a few tucked in places were they can be seen daily as i pass by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collection is wonderful Janna, I have had most of those pass through my hands in the last 15 years. I have a couple in the shop right now but on green wood trays. They are always a good seller although they have topped out in price now which I bet your glad of...
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, makes me kind of sick that I sold mine! I wish you do a post with some pics of your home. That little peek makes me want more! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...