HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

September 25, 2010

Inspiration is Where You Find It.......


This is the bottom of an old chair I've been working on.
My daughter had it in her office for several years before the
Springs just started to pop.
It's probably about 60 years and the white upholstery was starting to show it.
Not with wear, but with general use, so I decided to work on it....but that's for another post.
Today I wanted to show you what I did with the worn out strapping that was no
Longer holding up the heavy springs.

I have to tell you that firstly I gathered it up and threw it in the trash.
I walked by it a couple of times before reaching in and pulling it out.
I knew it would be good for something.



And it was.
As I was talking to a customer today, I started rolling and folding the burlap
Like I do with my ribbon roses.



I ended up with about seven of these wonderful, textural beauties.



And to think......I was going to throw all of this away.
Goes to show you inspiration is where you find it.
And today, mine was in the trash :)











3 comments:

  1. Inspiration may be where you find it but talent is how you use it! You used it wonderfully in your shabby roses.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Cool!! Those look wonderful! I'm so glad you're talented and thought that up...what a great idea! You did a fab job on them!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, especially the precious critters, you have a house full! You need to visit my blog and meet BUBBIE, he would be a perfect match for Punkin! He is big as well (about 20 pounds) but maybe not as big as Punkin? Bubbie is a Maine Coon. Your Marley looks like a Maine Coon? Have a good week.
    Marcy
    mantle@piedmontcenter.com
    www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...