HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

March 7, 2010

~~~~~Now This Bed is HUGE!~~~~~

I have read more and more blogs lately where people are talking about beds.
They scan photos from catalogs and magazines showing their dream bed. They are all beautiful.
My bed, however, is one of the things in my life I don't want to change.


I am fortunate to have a large bedroom which measures 23x20', and it can accommodate just about all I want to include.........including my super duper double throw down over the top bed......it is actually two matching antique iron beds that are side by side.

The linens have all been custom made to join the mattresses so there is no gap in the center .

We have a feather mattress on top of our regular mattresses and we each have our own down duvet cover to curl up in....very European, I'm told. I like it because he is a "cover hog".
At the foot of the bed is yet another down duvet for when the nights get cold because we turn the heat down really, really low.

We just sleep much better when it's cold.

Even after all the decorative pillows are removed....and there are a lot, we still sleep with five pillows each....his are usually on the floor by morning and I am usually buried down in the middle of mine when I wake up.

Now, not only is the bed big, it is also very tall........just because it's old,
but also because it is on risers.

One of our big dogs insists on sleeping under the bed until all the lights are out and the TV is off.
My sweet man accommodated her giving her more space.....he's so funny.

The shelf above the bed holds all of our life together photos starting with high school and up to our 41st wedding anniversary.....I was indeed a child bride.

It's kinda like our "life at a glance".

I want to redo the room back to whites and creams like it was ten years ago, but it just takes so much time, and who really sees it anyway.....

I mean, unless I post it for the world :)
Sleep Tight!
Thank you for stopping by......
I always love it when you come!

7 comments:

  1. Jana, that is one gorgeous bed that I would have alot of trouble getting out of!!
    And I love the photos of your life together above it...so romantic!
    hugs,
    paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not change a thing about that bed either. It looks so big and comfy and pretty too!
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!
    If I had that bed, I would have never complained about not being able to get up!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I will definitely be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that I could ever choose a favorite part of your house, but I absolutely love your bed! WOW! Maybe you should be a photographer in your spare time...wait, you don't have any spare time because you are the most amazing woman ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine why you would want to change anything on that bed! Not only is it pretty, it looks comfy! Love your colors, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jana Sweetie...
    I would not change one thing about this gorgeous bed either. I love it. How clever to create from two twin beds. I love the iron frame. So antique, and I too love down comforters. Aren't they just the best?

    My DH and I each have our own too. He is the cover hog in our house. He will never admit it, but yes he is. I would wake up freezing with no covers, so I just decided to buy one for me, just me. I now sleep warm at night.

    Your room Jana is beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you for sharing sweetie. Have a gorgeous evening. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Sherry....these are two DOUBLE bed though.....this is really big....:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...