HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

June 23, 2010

Summer Window Display and The Holiday Tree

I thought I would "sneak" a quick post here in between the Where Bloggers Create II Party hosted by Karen at My Desert Cottage and the Sorority Rush this Thursday at
Some Days are Diamonds, hosted by yet another Karen.......
All of the studios were incredible and I am amazed to see how many and how much we love to create! I so appreciate all of the wonderful comments, and everyone is welcome to come play anytime they want......
I love to share!
I am also looking forward to meeting all of the new "sisters" this Friday......
isn't blogging just too much fun???
If you've read me for a while you know I have an antique shoppe where I really, really pride myself on the fact nothing is from China.....nothing is reproduced...and nothing is new. Anything of a "new" nature is made by me using primarily vintage materials and in the "antique" vain.
Still, I have several regular customers that call or come in and invariably ask me if I "have my holiday merchandise in yet". Sometimes I would just like to say......no, that truck hasn't arrived yet because it sounds like they think I buy my things at market or over on Harry Hines (China City for those who don't know Dallas).
I don't though....I just smile and tell them it's on it's way.
That's when I get the papers, ribbons, and fabrics out....plug in my glue gun, and get busy. Since I have created a "summer window" of all things patriotic,
I thought I would share it with you.
It is so different from anything within my Shoppe,
but yet is very representative of the season.
It also covers Memorial Day up through Labor Day.....
so it saves me just a little work as well :)...
And I like that.
Above are simply old pages from a paper back book and tea stained.
They are made into cones then formed into a pinwheel of sorts.
......perfect for door wreaths or hanging from door knobs.
Little Waverly gingham primitive heart pillows.....


Along with a decoupaged vintage inspired print. It is on the under panel of an antique sewing machine to give it some age.


This pillow is close to 100 years old and the workmanship is beautiful.




And then there's the brain child of my daughter
......the holiday tree.
She knows I have six windows and to keep them all fresh, all the time is very time consuming.
So, I now have a tree, of sorts. Although it has been left natural for the patriotic season, when we spring into fall it will become a different color.....and change with the seasons from that point.
I love the idea because all I have to do is decorate the tree instead of moving everything out and reloading each time.......
The flags on the tree are made from grocery paper bags that have been painted and stuffed creating a "puffy flag".


So I guess now I can call everyone and tell them the "truck has arrived"
The Holiday "stuff" is here!

Hope you're enjoying your summer with family and friends.
Life is what you make it.....so live outloud!









2 comments:

  1. One of these days....just one of these days I am coming to visit your beautiful place after the Commander retires at the end of the year and I am able to leave him home with all the dogs! I love the wreath made out of the pages...everything is fabulous!

    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful displays, Jana! Glad your "truck" came in! :0)

    I so love decorating with the red/whites/blues, especially in our gameroom. The older and grungier, the better!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...