HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

June 15, 2010

Simple AND Beautiful Altered Handbags

Two different styles of handbags, but both decidedly easy and beautiful as well.
The white woven bag is covered in many, many lovely vintage millinery flowers.
Always sewn on, never glued.
While the beaded bag is made from the sleeve of a vintage beaded blouse.
I made this one years ago and used a reproduction purse clasp.

I now
have a collection of vintage and antique purse frames to use on the next ones.
I think they will give them more character and style.


They are fun to make and very easy as well.....
and a good way to recycle those beaded garments everyone just had to have in the 80's :)
Thanks for stopping by today.
I always love it when you come.

4 comments:

  1. Hi :) These handbags are simply stunning! I think my favorite is the white one with all the gorgeous vintage blooms :)

    Warmest always, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever girl! Using a sleeve from a vintage dress....I LOVE IT! I love the fact too that you hand sew all those beautiful flowers on. Hot glue really can make a mess!

    LuLu♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your purses. The beaded one with the pink flowers is of course, my favorite.
    I cannot believe all of the vintage purse frames that you have collected!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...