HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

June 3, 2010

Dang....I did it AGAIN!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a bag of buttons...imagine that....
Me buying yet more buttons.
This time I simply dumped the entire bag and contents into an old trunk I have set up for mixed media findings.....just because it looked good and added something else to the mix.
On Saturday a lady came in and started going through the buttons,
picking these two cards up inquiring about the price.
I knew what I had paid for all of them, so simply said the buttons were $.25 a piece, making each card $1.50........she looked away and tossed them back into the trunk.
After she left, I was curious why these would not have warranted the price I ask her to pay.
I was amazed..... these were vintage, Made in Japan , hand painted ceramic buttons.
I immediately pulled them out of the trunk and included them with my Saturday Ebay listings.
The auction ends this week and the buttons are currently at $103.50 with many, many watchers......go figure.
So, hopefully, my lesson of "Pay Attention" will soon be learned and
I will spend more time sorting through what I bring into the Shoppe......
AND, I'm sure glad she thought they were overpriced :)
Thank you for stopping by,
I always love it when you come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, very lucky for you she didn't buy them for what you were going to sell them for :) If she should ever come back in again, you can tell her just what they ended up selling for and she what she has to say :)

    Warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great story!!! Serves her right for being rude . . . :)
    have a great weekend!
    karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...