HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

June 29, 2010

What Would You Use It For....... If You Didn't Know What It Was?

I needed a beverage "station" for the patio area and just started walking the store as well as the back garden at the Shoppe.
I found this old metal garbage can stand.
Over the years I have used it as a plant stand with huge pots, but it was very, very heavy and couldn't be moved....which I didn't like.
It had been setting idle for some time now, so I used an old metal tub and a thick round antique mirror that just happen to fit perfectly on top of the rim.
I'm going to use the mirrored side for glasses and drinks and the metal tub for ice
(it'll be cleaned up, of course :) .

And the glasses add a wonderful contrast to the rusty, crusty stand.

Goes to show that you probably already have what you are needing if you just look at it in a new and different way :)
Hope your week has started out well.
DFW is getting tons of much needed rain, and it is sumptuous :)

Thanks for stopping by today,
I always love it when you come.







3 comments:

  1. Don't ya just love the rain!!! Very clever idea you have shown here. Love the way the photo of the glassware seems to glow! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gold leaf glass! I collect them and have a whole set including a chip and dip bowl and an ice bucket!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love this idea of using the rusty items with the more formal. Love your vintage glasses and pitcher, My Mom still has the ones I remember growing up with. I might have to trade her some for them lol. Mirrors can be used in so many different ways. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...