HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

June 29, 2009

Oh, Baby, Baby, Baby..Oh, Baby, Baby


It is so strange to realize this time last year she was on her honeymoon having married on June 23, 2008. Now we are planning for the birth of the first grandchild from our only child, Kristi. It goes without saying that this beautiful young woman is my heartbeat and has been since I first held her when she was just 10 days old. I tell everyone that I carried Kristi in my heart for four years as opposed to my tummy. I believe that is why this precious newcoming life is ever so special to all of us, but especially me. Because I was disappointed so many, many times so many years ago, I have not allowed myself to think this is really going to happen. I just couldn't allow myself the excitement when I knew it could also bring hurt. But it hasn't, and I now know everything will be fine.....the doctors have said so and I have asked God and I have faith....I am watching my baby do something I could not do...and it is as though it is happening to me because I already love this little person with all my heart. I can hardly wait to hold this sweet little girl, but I am more excited to see my sweet little girl hold her sweet baby girl. I hope then she can realize what it is like to truly love unconditionally and with all your heart.

The day was full of delicious food, adorable thoughtful baby gifts, good friends, and most importantly...FAMILY. I have always been very fortunate to have the majority of my family....or the ones that really matter...very close at heart....it was a beautiful, beautiful day!






all for Miss Sterling.......
and, of course, the safety pin stork cupcakes :)







Chocolate cups fill of English Custard and raspberries...and my favorite SCONES.









and, of course, gift bags for the guests.










1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jana! You are going to be a grandmother! Don't worry.......enjoy every moment before and after. That is what I intend to do if I am so ever blessed! Also, thank you for your kind comments in my recent posting....it is a thrilling time;something I never expected. Keep us informed about the baby.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...