HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

November 22, 2009

Good Times, Hugs & Goodnight Kisses........

From "this" To "this"


I have been pouring my own candles and making my own soap for the shoppe since I opened. I adore the fragrances at Majestic Mountain Sage because their quality is far above anyone else I have tried. I also love the fact that they care enough about their oils to put them in these wonderful amber bottles rather than the cheap, flimsy plastic ones the others use. I could never make myself recyle these beautiful bottles, much less throw them away. I finally came up with an idea of what to do with them that is not only creative, but decorative as well. After removing all the paper labels and cleaning the bottles, I "aged" vintage and antique lace from my stash , wrapping the bottles in various techniques and styles. Buttons, jewelry findings, and labels were all added creating bottles of all things good......a perfect stocking stuffer and a great item for my Open House on December 5th.......and the best thing of all......I have more storage space in my linen closet now these are gone!

AND these..
Whose up for some "Good Times" ?


And who couldn't use a "Hug"?



And last, but not least....."Goodnight Kisses"








It's such great fun and so very rewarding to make something from nothing......and keeping it out of the recycle bin. Also, remember to comment or follow for the November giveaway of Victorian cones this month. The deadline is November 30th. THEN there is also the repurposing challenge contest which ended January 15th.....so much going on, but we always have time to create!!!!!









Make your Day Great...xojana

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the aged look of the linens and the contents are wonderful!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I love these! I always love repurposing things!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many bottles saved that I need to get to work on revamping them and then giving them as gifts so that I can have more room for the next batch. Always nice to see something repurposed. Wonderful work! :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana what a great idea for redoing those bottles, they came out so lovely! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with the love of family, friends, good food and laughter :) Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...