HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

February 29, 2012

Old Birdcages & the Upcoming Dolly Johnson Antique Show


I was accepted as a dealer in the upcoming Dolly Johnson Antique & Art show
scheduled for March 9 & 10 at the Will Rogers Coliseum in Fort Worth.

It is a juried show so I am very pleased, as well as honored to be a part of the event. 

The caveat being I am limited to antique and vintage garden items.
Not that it is a problem since I have been "stockpiling" this type of inventory
for some time now since it is so popular inside and out.

I have several .....okay, a lot of old birdcages....
I am converting some into standing floor lamps while others are becoming hanging lamps...


And call me crazy, but some are even going as birdcages themselves :)


Who would want to change the architectural appeal of what is already a piece of art within itself....

 
Or the historic appeal of an old Hendrix cage....
Certainly not me.
And , of course, you have to have some candleabras with a little bling as well.... 

Along with these few samplings, I have old concrete statues and birdbaths...
Planter, stands, pots, linens, benches, chairs, tables, columns....and more and MORE.
I'm tired just thinking about it.
In the area March 9th or 10th....?
Check out the show....there are over 75 hand chosen dealers....
and a lot of unique items.
No reproductions.....no new.....the real deal from all over
the United States.....



 


5 comments:

  1. Oh My! I would love to check out that show. I cam see that you have some wonderful old birdcages there and I love the chandy. Very nice...and congrats on being selected. That is really an honor. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jana, I will wish you luck on your upcoming show. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what you have been doing. I haven't had the time I would like to have at the moment, but I will take time here and there. I have a craft show at the end of March. Take care Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana,
    I know that your displays are going to be over the top gorgeous. Who can resist birdcages and oh my, that candlelabra!!!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was nearby on March 9.....sounds like a wonderful show:)! Your garden elements are going to be a hit:)! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! Love the old hendrix one!!!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...