HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

July 27, 2009

I Must be in Heaven.....

As the rains came to Texas, the temperatures dropped and it was absolutely delicious.......







If you have read many blogs from Texas, you know it is hot here....sweltering hot with no rain and no relief, and very high humidity. Not any hotter than it usually gets, just a little earlier making for a longer, hotter summer than normal. I have refused to talk about the heat.....I walk away from any conversation and avoid anyone that wants to focus on the weather.....I just want to say, "Come on, people.....this is Texas and this is OUR summer"....it's the SAME thing every year, so why are people so very surprised. But we have been in the last few days as the rains have come...and they have chosen to stay a while bringing the heat down to below 90 degrees. It has been absolute heaven to watch the steady rain feed the plants and wash away the dust of the extreme heat and to see the wild life being replenished with water for their needs and survival.
The rain feeds my soul.....I have always loved how it looks, how it feels, and how I feel as well. I don't mind the lightening and thunder, as it never lasts very long. But this week we have hopes of rain every day which is so very unusual for a Texas July......and I know, I must be in heaven.




2 comments:

  1. Oh that garden sitting area looks wonderful!
    I would grab a book some ice tea and sit there for hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! We never get rain in July in Texas!!!!! It is Heaven for sure. I do hate the on goinghot of our summers. I KNOW that is how it is. I JUST HATE IT!!!! But, this break in the heat is awesome! And I do love the rain. I think you guys in Arlington got more than we did. But, hey I'll take what I can get.

    Thanks for all the comments on my Door Post. It did turn out pretty. And Larry is just beaming that everyone loved the door. Did you check out MET Monday & some of the other gals. I think it would be a perfect venu for you to show off all the stuff you change & redo, Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...