HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

July 9, 2009

Mary Jane & Me...........

When I was in high school we had a whole list of "Mary Jane" jokes. They were even more wonderful if you had a "Mary Jane" in your class and if she was just a little "slow" as well.....not very nice I admit, but after all....we were kids. I can honestly tell you I remember only one of the jokes and it still makes me laugh today.
"It would seem that Mary Jane was on a date where they went parking. They were kissing and kissing when all of a sudden her date slipped his hand inside her bra. Mary Jane just laughed and laughed because she knew she kept her money in her shoe.........."
Okay, what does this have to do with my wonderful new terrarium? Well, I was at a really bad flea market, but I found this very heavy, old, thick glass aquarium buried in the back. I knew I had to have this awesome piece because of it's age and because I knew what I was going to do with it. He reluctantly carried it to the front for me because it weighs a ton. I think I saw disbelief when I handed him a $20.00 and left. I feel certain he had just turned a nice profit on what he probably picked up on the side of the road. But just like Mary Jane......I laughed and laughed because I knew it was going to make a killer terrarium for my store.



3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! And who & three boys had to carry that beast into the store. Bet you don't change it's location often! What a steal Mary Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that!!! Talk to you later!~Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Congratulations on a great find...it looks great the way you have it displayed. Isn't it all too fun.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...