HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

September 16, 2010

~~~~~Texas Size for a Texas Girl~~~~~~

Literally months ago my friend, Barbie, brought me this big bag.
It is a thick burlap with a crochet cover and drawstring handle.
In itself it was nothing I thought I could use.....much less actually carry myself.
However, with the lace weaving technique I am currently using,
I figured I would give it a "go" with all my scrap pieces of vintage laces.
I love the way the bag turned out, even though it took forever.
It's Texas size, but after all, I am a Texas girl.
It is great for shopping trips because it will hold everything.
You can get a better idea as to the actual design of the bag with it laying flat,
And also see the weaving a little better.


It uses all of your scrap laces as you can just tie them end to end if you don't
Have a long enough piece.


Add a big organza rose, and it's done.






This technique was accepted by Somerset Publications and
Is Supposed to be Featured in the Spring issue .

Have a great day and create something...
It frees the soul!









6 comments:

  1. I absolutly love, adore, want this bag.
    What a beauty!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jana...this is beautiful! Congrats on this being accepted by Somerset!! YIPPEE!!

    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana!
    Your bag is now 2die4!!!! You'll be the snazziest shopperette in the antique mall with that gorgeous work of art on your shoulder.

    Lovely and I am so glad you will be featured in Somerset.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI,

    OHHH WOW THAT IS ONE BIG AND FANTASTIC BAG :) LOVE IT, I'M NOT A SMALL GAL, SO I TEND TO LOVE BIG BAGS :)AND YOURS IS A STUNNER!! ENJOY YOUR BEAUTIFUL BIG BAG :)

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jana....it is beautiful! And, another magazine issue...you go! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...