HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

September 14, 2010

The Time is Coming......The Time is Near!

I began hosting the Main Street Antique Trade Days Flea Market
Five years ago.....the year I first opened my Shoppe.
I did so for two reasons....
1. to create awareness of my business Downtown Arlington
and
2. to make money :)
I host two a year....one in October and another in May.
After the first two I told my daughter I would
Never do them again.....it is just so much work
And I was established enough to
Hold my own without the sale.
However, it is the beginning of the fifth year for the sale
With the upcoming event being #10.
I mean, who knew?
Who knew this thing would grow legs?
Who knew it would become what it has....
Who knew?I downsized the event last May bringing in fewer dealers for a less crowded venue,
Which also allowed them to make more money at the end of the day.
It is such hard work transporting everything, setting it up, then breaking it down,
And if you don't make money, it just sucks.

I have two dealers that cannot make it this sale,
So, if you have ever thought about selling your things,
Just give me a call.
My only requirements are that there can be nothing new, unless made from vintage items.
Absolutely nothing from China.
And that you must want to have a fun day with the nicest crowd you will meet anywhere
As we just don't allow mean people :)
Think about it and let me know.


1 comment:

  1. I give you guys so much credit selling at these shows.....don't think I could do it. I guess you have to love it.
    Good luck with everything.
    sell well, sell high, sell out!
    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...