HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

January 5, 2011

My Love Affair with Silk Velvet

Don't get me wrong.....
I love linen, I adore flax, and cotton is wonderful.
But when it comes to my fabric "of choice"......
Well, it's just got to be silk velvet...and the old stuff....the older the better.
I was fortunate to be the recipient of an entire suitcase full of antique silk velvet
About three years ago, and I'm still working with my stash.
I'm presently creating velvet rose pieces for hats, purses, or anywhere you want.
A customer of mine bought the first one shown and attached it to her
Felted sweater handbag.....the combination was beautiful. The stamens inside the roses give them additional texture and depth.
And some have antique lace shards added to the backs.


My hands work quickly on these now that I have made so many.
It is good busy work during the cold evenings when the TV is blaring and
The day is winding down.
Don't know about you, but I'm already looking forward to Spring!
Thanks for stopping by today,
I love it when you come.






5 comments:

  1. Hi Jana!
    Love your new profile picture, you pretty girl you.

    The softeness and feel of plush velvet is so wonderful. I just love the rosettes, they are perfect.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wiping the drool of my chin, you just don't see the old velvet like that any more ....lucky you to get such a lovely gift hugs wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel it on my fingers as you write about it....yummy!

    Now bite your tongue on Spring being here already. I'm enjoying my quiet winter nap! haha

    hugs,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, well who could blame you, they are yummy!
    Blessings~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vibrant colors of those old silk velvet pieces. Your creations are beautiful, Jana!

    Love the new Tatsey, "Loves Cake" face too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...