HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

September 14, 2011

My Chair Vision and amibad?.....

I had a vision for this chair ever since it came into my life.
BUT my daughter used it for several years until the bottom
Springs were completely busted to the ground.
Still, I had a vision so it came to the Shoppe.

It sat around here for almost a year.....
I did a faux gold finish on the wood one day....

Still, I couldn't get a grip on what I wanted it to be.
The fabric was in wonderful condition.....
However, it was an aged white.....
That no one would want.
So it got a coffee bath that took a week to dry...
And sat around several more months.
I finally sent it out to have the springs retied,
and figured if I made clothing out of old crochet,
as well as purses and lamp shades,
Then surely I could cover a chair.

 And so it began......
 Working my way around with a base coat of crochet pieces...

 Overlapping them for dimension..
 And still playing around with the front and seat.

 Hope to have the final product this week to share......
But I like the way it's coming along....
ALSO,
 I am truly, truly bad......
Didn't even realize I had not announced the winner of my 300th follower giveaway,
Until I stumbled over the prize sitting right on my studio floor......
OOPS! AMIBAD?
I promise I won't take as long to mail it as I took to announce it......

Life does get crazy.....and sometimes it's just me :)


4 comments:

  1. It looks like a little cute fur baby has claimed that chair! It's looking wonderful! *swoon*

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea!! I have a little chair at my booth that is just sitting there and I think this is what it needs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOH I'm lovin' it.Can't wait to see the finished piece:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUT OF THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!! I love fresh ideas. You hit it out of the ballpark!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...