HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

December 23, 2014

I must confess, I usually get through all the
festivities of Christmas before I start reflecting
on the past year or what the new one might hold.

This year, however, is different.
There have been many life changing events....
good and bad, that need to be acknowledged in my own mind, dealt with, 
and put away so I can start 2015 fresh and new,
as I already have great plans for new ventures. 

One of the wonderful things has been the fact my daughter
and I have opened a new business adjacent to
my vintage and antique store....

A Moment in Time

It is the most precious dress up party tea room for not only
little girls, but big girls as well.

I am so proud of this new venture and am my awesome daughter.
Score one for 2014.



We worked on revamping the space for three solid months
The construction was completed by my sweet man the day
before he had a really bad stroke on
March 17.

Needless to say, life has been different.
We are very blessed, however, that he is mobile,
has his speech capabilites, and we are only dealing with memory
loss.  He does remember all of his family
so that is enough for me.

We have a life that I call "a new normal".
and are settling into it quite well.
I had to close his business, but it was time anyway.
What was a big negative, turned into a wonderful positive.
God works in mysterious ways to give us what we want.
Score another one for 2014.



I continue to create and have been published several times throughout the year.
It is very validating and feeds my senses to be acknowledged
for my creativity and work.
Another point for 2014.


We helped my little Mama celebrate her 88th birthday.
Score an extra ten points for 2014.
I cannot imagine life without her.

Despite all of the downfalls, setbacks, and disappointments in 2014, I am blessed.
I have my family, my precious animals, my health, and I am loved.
I can rise above the petty people in this world that thrive on drama because of their
insecurities and inferiority complexes.
just by looking into the innocent eyes of a three and five year old,
or seeing the gratitude on my sweet man's face as I make all of this work.

I hope your life is as full as mine, and if it is that you find the strength to get through it all :)

Merry, Merry Christmas!







1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Jana. I love your positive attitude and your ability to move on despite some difficult obstacles.
    I love the new shop concept. What a wonderful idea. And, I can see your creative touches everywhere. You have always inspired me and I love your creative style and confidence.
    May you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...