HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

February 12, 2011

Bejeweled and Beautiful!

I never get tired of working with old jewelry.....
Just touching the pieces reminds me of growing up and
Playing in my Mama's jewelry box.
She wore beautiful rhinestone sets everyday, and
I thought she was a movie star.
I buy bags of vintage jewelry where stones are missing and where there is one lone earring in the mix so I can create lovely jeweled boxes such as these.
The first box is quite large and is perfect for many different uses, but I like to just look at it.
I'm still deciding what type of finish I want for the box, but I'm thinking I will go dark.
I went into
my stash of beads and found a bag of imported glass seed beads
I had purchased years ago to make tassels.....and didn't.
I paid a lot for these and was glad to finally use them on something.
The light just dances on them like they were tiny diamonds....

The smaller
box uses vintage jewelry combined with loose pearls instead of beads.
A completely different look, but just as glamorous.



These boxes
are so useful and are a good way to repurpose old jewelry that will
Never be worn.....but is still so beautiful.

Thank you for stopping by today,
You know I love it when you come.









2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE what you did with those boxes!!! I'll bet that was so fun to work with! I know the way you feel...I LOVE looking at rhinestone jewelry. I have a display case that has glass on top that I keep mine in. At night when I go to bed, instead of using the room light to light the way, I use my cell phone light...and I always shine it over the case and watch the sparkles!!! I know, I'm just a kid at heart, but it's soooooo pretty!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jana,
    These boxes are absolutely stunning! Funny that you said you thought your Mom was a movie star. I used to think the same thing when I would see my Mom all dressed up wearing her jewels.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...