HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

October 7, 2011

My Garage Sale Find......

One of my favorite pieces of furniture to come along in quite a while
is this beautiful corner curio cabinet.

I was on my way to the Shoppe one Saturday morning and
Happened to see a garage sale.
Now, if you know me at all, you know I don't go to garage sales....
I don't have them, I don't shop them, I just don't have the patience or
the luxury of time to get in and out of the car hoping to find
something wonderful among mostly junk.

I envy those that do, as I know it pays off for them.
I see great treasures found by others,
But that just doesn't happen to me.

I did spot this cabinet in it's original wooden state.
The glass is convex and the bottom piece was missing.
The owners assured me they had contacted a glass company
and
it would only cost $15.00 to replace it good as new.
Well, I knew that wasn't right,
But I did think I might be about to get it for under $100 and
the price was right on the display cabinet.

I bought it and then forgot to go back and pick it up.
Fortunately, the owners had my phone number and
Called me a week later to come get it....
yep, I was embarrassed.

It sat in my garage for three months when
I finally took the door off to get the glass replaced.
When I received an estimate of $400
I took my door and came home.

I painted it my new favorite color...


 Inserted the wire screen into the bottom door....
for a cost of $20.00



And called it a day.....
Sometimes things just work out :)

Thanks for stopping by today,
You know I love it when you come.

This week I am linking to

Check them out for wonderful inspiration.

j

5 comments:

  1. OK, this is seriously GORGEOUS! I truly love the wire on the bottom!!

    Great job Sweetheart! Bravo!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OmiGOSH, it's just GORGEOUS!! What an inspired move to use the wire. Beautifully finished!


    Deborah ♥♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/... hope you can drop by and say hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, this is so lovely. I think the color is wonderful and the curvy front is just devine!
    You are seriously overworked girl when you forget to go back and pick up something so pretty!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and how smart were you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color and what a thrfty fix that is so smart looking! Thanks for sharing this lovely post at Potpourri Friday. I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean alot to me......thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...